Community Group Grants 2021/22 - now open for applications
Each year the Parish Council sets aside a small fund to help local community groups within Crich Parish.
The Council is aware that this has been another difficult year for all community groups, with Covid-19 continuing to impact on activities and funding. If you run a community group, or belong to one, have you considered applying for a grant – it might make a little difference to what you can do going forward?
Perhaps there is an item that your group would like but cannot afford, perhaps you need help with running costs, or you want to organise a Covid-19 safe activity? – a Parish Council Community Grant could be the answer.
Obviously, there are a few rules around applying, but they are simple and straightforward.
When considering applications for grants to be awarded in January 2022 the Parish Council will be guided by the following criteria:
- The group must serve Crich Parish community and must not be run for gain.
- The group must have an open membership policy.
- At least 50% of members must live in Crich, Fritchley, Whatstandwell, or Wheatcroft.
- The group must be able to demonstrate the need for financial support as shown by the presentation of current Accounts or a Financial Statement. Out of date Accounts or Financial Statements cannot be accepted. Bank statements cannot be accepted.
- Applications must be made in writing using the official application form.
- Grants will only be considered if the application has been made in the prescribed way; is complete, includes current Accounts or a Financial Statement, and has been submitted to the Parish Clerk by Sunday 31st October 2021. Incomplete and/or late applications cannot be accepted.
When you complete the application form for 2021/2022 please do so in anticipation that your group will be able to carry out your planned activities, and it is on this basis the Council will base its decision when making the awards. Due to the current situation we have extended the deadline for completion of the application form and accompanying documents by a month.
Posted: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 11:58 by Carolyn Jennings